my april was a bit uneventful for a summer month so i made sure may would be a lot better.
- on the first weekend, kim and i went on an impromptu getaway to cagbalete island in mauban, quezon. we stayed at pansocala beach resort and enjoyed its wide beachfront area. the island experiences low tide on most part of the day, making it ideal for beach-bumming and camwhoring, hehe.
- for the second weekend, we went swimming with kim’s officemates in the cold waters of bato springs in san pablo, laguna. this trip reminded me of my river trips when i was younger. it was good to know we still have natural springs like this in the country, and that this one is relatively near my hometown.
- the third weekend was reserved for our great calaguas island and bagasbas beach adventure in camarines norte. the eight-hour bus ride, including one hour on jump seats, and 2-hour boat ride to calaguas island was already an adventure. the worn-out makeshift roof of the boat where kim and i were assigned to was completely ripped off a few minutes after leaving the port. on the way back to the port the next day, the same boat got stranded in the middle of the sea for about 10 minutes.
after more than 10 hours, we were greeted by a long stretch of powdery white sand and clear water–just perfect for beach bumming.
camping in the island was fun and bug-free, yay! although it got a bit boring in our camp come night time, so we had to gatecrash another camp’s dance party, haha!
the bagasbas side trip was so-so because we decided not to surf due to not-so good waves. but meeting new friends there more than made up for it. plus the low-tide allowed us some last-minute camwhorage before heading back to manila.
- last weekend, i made it a point to spend time with my nephew because he was sad about his mother (my elder sister) going to singapore. we were supposed to go to the beach but it rained so hard so we went rainbathing instead. we then went to paseo de sta rosa after the rain subsided. we had dinner at cafe breton. rajah ordered the sausage in a bun meal and he told me that it was the biggest sausage he has ever eaten so far. cute kid. it rained hard again so we decided to head home before the streets become flooded. unfortunately, we got stuck in traffic along slex. it took us about five hours to get home due to multiple vehicular accidents and stalled cars. we almost ran out of gas but thank god we still made it home safely.
also this month:
- i was able to tick off three items from my before 30 list: (1) travel with strangers, (2) go camping, and (3) bathe in the rain.
- i won two movie monitoring passes at a raffle in the office. each ticket admits two so kim and i were able to watch star trek and fast & furious 6 for free.
- i finished reading milan kundera’s the unbearable lightness of being. one book down, eight to go!
not a bad way to end my summer, huh? ;)