i first applied for a passport via an agency and all i did was to make an appearance. this time, i tried going through the process on my own.
|from green to maroon|
if you need to renew your passport any time soon, here’s what you should do:
1. make an appointment through dfa’s website. fill in all the needed information on the online application form and choose your preferred date and time from the available slots.
2. you will receive an email confirmation of your appointment with your reference number and a link to print your application form. use long bond paper when printing. do not sign the application form. you need to sign it at the processing window when the dfa officer tells you to do so. also take note of the documentary requirements you have to prepare.
3. on your appointment date, proceed to the dfa consular office located at aseana business park, bradco avenue cor. macapagal boulevard, paranaque city. be there at least 30 minutes before your scheduled time. you may take a taxi, a baclaran-bound bus or a multicab from sm mall of asia. i took the latter.
4. at aseana, there is counter for verifying your appointment at the ground floor. you will either be advised to wait (if you are too early for your appointment) or proceed to the processing section.
5. next step is to go on the second floor to pay applicable passport fees: php950.00 (regular processing, 25 working days), php1,200.00 (rush processing, 15 working days), additional php 200.00 (for processing of lost valid passports).
6. after paying, proceed to the photo counter and take a number to have your id photo taken, which is the last step. while waiting for your turn, you may proceed to the delivery counter to have your new passport delivered to your home or office on the release date. fee is p150.
i was done within 30 minutes. i was advised to expect my new passport by june 20 but i already got it on june 14.