this is the first fish dish i cooked, in an effort to eat healthy. even before the movie finding nemo came out, i have lived by the principle that fish are friends—not food. when asked why her youngest daughter doesn’t like to eat fish, my mother would say in between laughs that it’s because i pity them.
2 pcs fish steak (i use tanigue or tambakol)
1/2 can evaporated milk, small (i use carnation)
1 baby carrot, cut into thin slices
1 medium red bell pepper, sliced into squares
1 medium onion, sliced
4 garlic cloves, crushed and then minced
1 tbsp ginger, cut into thin slices
1 tbsp sweet and sour mix (i use del monte)
salt and pepper
1. rub salt and pepper on the fish. set aside.
2. dissolve sweet and sour mix in 1/4 cup of water. set aside.
3. fry the carrot and red bell pepper. set aside.
4. saute garlic, onion and ginger.
5. add fish and sweet and sour mix. simmer for three to five (3-5) minutes or until the flesh turns white or golden brown, whichever way you want your fish cooked.
6. add carrot and bell pepper.
7. add evaporated milk. simmer until it thickens.